Please contact us if you have questions about our privacy practices that are not addressed in this Privacy Statement.
In this case, the data controller for Edverso.Org is Edverso International, via Frigerio, Rovio, Switzerland.
As for personal accounts created by users for educational, training, or testing purposes, the owner of the processing of personal data is always Edverso International, against whom the rights provided for by the GDPR and specified in this information can be asserted. In this regard, it should be noted that the data present in the personal accounts of the various users are not known or processed by third parties, including teachers and/or trainers.
Most of our Website’s features can be used without revealing any personal information, though, for some specific features or services, personal information, such as your email address, will be required. Suppose you do not use these particular features or services on the Website. In that case, the only information we collect will be “Non-Personal Information” (i.e., Information that is not traceable back to you and cannot be used to identify you). Non-Personal Information includes Information such as the web pages that you have viewed. In order to access certain features and benefits on our Website, you may need to submit “Personally Identifiable Information” (i.e., Information that can be traced back to you). Personally, Identifiable Information can include your name, home address, telephone number, and email address. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the Personally Identifiable Information you submit to EDV. Inaccurate Information may affect your ability to use the Website, the Information you receive when using the Website, and our ability to contact you. For example, your email address should be kept current because that is one of the main ways we communicate with you.
What You Consent to by Using Our Website
What Information We Collect
We gather two types of information about users through the Website:
- Non-Personal Information. When users come to our Website, we may track, collect, and aggregate Non-Personal Information indicating, among other things, which pages of our Website were visited, the order in which they were visited, and which hyperlinks were “clicked.” Collecting such information may involve logging the IP address, operating system, and browser software used by each user of the Website. Although such information is not Personally Identifiable Information, we may be able to determine from an IP address a user’s Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of their point of connectivity. At no time do we disclose information about site usage or individual IP addresses to third parties.
- You should be able to control how and whether your web browser will accept cookies. Most browsers offer instructions on resetting the browser to reject Cookies in the “Help” section of the toolbar. If you reject our Cookies, certain features and conveniences of this Website may not work correctly, but you do not have to accept our Cookies to use many parts of the Website productively.
- Newsletters and Updates. To subscribe to our newsletter or email updates, you will need to input your name, email address, and undergraduate education information in the “Newsletter Signup” link (“Newsletter Link”). During this process, you may also provide other Personally Identifiable Information, such as your ethnicity and an alternate email address. You can opt-out of receiving additional newsletters or updates from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” option when updating your contact information in the Newsletter Link.
- Communications with EDV We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you send us an email message or otherwise contact us.
- Surveys. From time to time, EDV sends surveys that ask for your feedback so we may improve our services. Information we collect may include Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personal Information. (Information includes optional data on race, high school education of parents, and receipt of a Pell Grant.) Other Information collected relates to applicants’ perceptions of EDV and their other job offers.
- For applications to apply for corps membership, employment with EDV, an internship opportunity, or other specific benefits, you will need to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information, such as your name, home address, phone number, and resume. If you apply for optional transitional funding, you will be asked for additional Personally Identifiable Information, including and not limited to Income information, student loan amounts, parental contribution to the college, parent-student loan amounts, grant amounts, savings/checking/stock account information, credit card debt, retirement savings, and mortgage information. If you apply for employment with EDV, you will need to provide additional Personally Identifiable Information, such as your educational background, first available date, current salary/salary requirements, professional references, and EEO information.
- Purchases. When purchasing products through our Website, you are required to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name, address, and billing information (e.g., credit card information or PayPal account and billing address) (“Billing Information”), and email address.
How We Use the Information
Please take some time to familiarize yourself with how EDV uses the information we gather.
- Non-Personal Information. We use Non-Personal Information in aggregate form to build higher quality and more useful services by performing statistical analyses of our users’ collective characteristics and behavior and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of our Website.
- Newsletters and Email to You. We use contact information input through the Newsletter Link to send you the newsletters and email messages that you request us to send.
- Purchases. We use Personally Identifiable Information collected during the purchasing process to fulfill the order and send the product (either directly or through our providers). We may also archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you.
- Social Networks. EDV has a searchable database/social network of corps members and alumni on its portal. Information provided by matriculated corps members and alumni will pre-populate fields, including name, current location, and corps membership region and year. As discussed above, certain special features of the portal will require you to register with your email as your username, which will be viewable by all other participants of such a unique feature.
- Disclosure to EDV Operations and Maintenance Contractors. Our operations and maintenance contractors sometimes have limited access to your Personally Identifiable Information when providing products or services to us. These contractors may include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, services, and/or content related to the operation and maintenance of the Website. EDV enters into confidentiality agreements with its operations and maintenance contractors, who have access to your Personally Identifiable Information. Moreover, access to your Personally Identifiable Information by these contractors is limited to the Information reasonably necessary for the contractor to perform its limited function for us.
- Your Personally Identifiable Information is not collected for commercial purposes, and Teach For America does not sell or distribute the Information collected from the website for commercial purposes.
Confidentiality & Security of Personally Identifiable Information
Updating Your Personally Identifiable Information
We maintain a procedure to help you confirm that your Personally Identifiable Information remains correct and up-to-date. You may review and update your Personally Identifiable Information at any time by submitting a written request. You may also unsubscribe from certain email communications by clicking on the applicable link in those emails.
You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to update your Personally Identifiable Information on our systems or to opt out of further communications with us. We try to answer every email promptly but may not always be able to do so. Keep in mind, however, that there will be residual information that will remain within our databases, access logs, and other records, which may or may not contain your Personally Identifiable Information.
If you have any privacy-related questions or unresolved problems, you may contact EDV using the Information provided below.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
EDV strongly believes in protecting the privacy of children. In line with this belief, we do not knowingly collect or maintain Personally Identifiable Information on our Website from persons under 13 years of age. No part of our Website is directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access this Website at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any Personally Identifiable Information of persons under 13 years of age collected on our Website without verified parental consent upon learning of such Identifiable Information.
Address: via Frigerio, Rovio, Switzerland